9+ years full-stack professional experience in enterprise infrastructure, web applications, services, and mobile.
Prefers iterative agile development methodologies, small teams, java, objective-c, php and bash unix scripting.
Runs two mobile (IOS) LLCs in spare time. Publishes articles, open source code, scripts, and tips for other developers on personal company's website and GitHub.
Expanded portfolio available: http://www.codercowboy.com/about/#portfolio
- J2EE Libraries & Standards: Fuse ESB, ActiveMQ, Camel, ServiceMix, Jackson, Axis, Wicket, Spring, Apache Commons, Hibernate, Struts, SLF4J, Log4j, LogBack, Jetty, Jackson, JDBC, JMX, Java Mail, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JSP, Servlets, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server
- IOS Libraries: Flurry, RegExKit Lite, TBXML, QuincyKit, AF Networking, ASI HTTP, Crittercism, CocoaPods, SSToolkit, TumbleOnUtils
- Tools: Maven, Ant, Eclipse, IntelliJ, XCode, Android Studio, SoapUI, DropBox, Google Docs, Skype, Photoshop, VSphere, VCenter, Subversion, Git, Rally, Basecamp, Jira
- Other: Design patterns such as MVC, Delegate, etc; Methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum; Operating Systems such as OSX, Unix, Linux (Redhat, Suse, CentOS, BSD) and Windows
Media Driver (November 2013 to Present, 7+ months) - www.mediadriver.com
Enterprise Messaging Consultancy - Senior Software Engineer, Consultant
- Currently building java-based enterprise web applications, services, and infrastructure for clients.
- Lead developer on Integrated Console product, an ESB support & management tool for RedHat's FUSE ESB.
Pocket Sized Giraffe, LLC (March 2011 to Present, 3.0+ years) - www.tumbleonapp.com
Mobile Applications - Project Lead, Lead Engineer, Entrepreneur
- Created TumbleOn, the #1 paid Tumblr app on iOS, consistently ranked top 10-30 in iPad category, and top 30-60 in iPhone category.
- Created product concept, and developed product along with two partners (a designer and another engineer). Led product roadmap, architecture, and implementation. Other responsibilities include testing, promotion, support, and LLC bookkeeping.
- Published open-source apache-licensed utilities library: http://tumbleonapp.com/code/
Coder Cowboy,LLC (December 2010 to Present, 3.5+ years) - www.codercowboy.com
Mobile Applications, Open Source Software, Blog - Entrepreneur
- iOS products include rTimer, a fully featured interval timer for runners; A Million Moments, a relaxing photo gallery with music from your iPod library; and Music Roulette, which simplifies choosing and playing a random album or song from your library.
- Website features articles, open source code and scripts, tips, links, and other resources.
Small Mobile Consultancy (November 2012 to August 2013, 10 months)
Mobile Consulting - Senior Software Engineer, iOS Team Lead
- Led internal project planning and implementation for 5 mobile projects.
- Designed and implemented php web services, and many features in iOS (objective-c) and Android (java) applications.
- Created iOS to Android localization tool for streamlining localization process.
VAST (December 2011 to September 2012, 10 months) - www.vast.com
Big Data For Auto Sales - Senior Software Engineer
- Planned, designed, and developed middleware services enhancements in java and php.
- Developed test framework that captured and replayed middleware http transactions. Product ensured incremental progress without breaking mission-critical software.
- Developed java database middleware (library and web service). Product consolidated and simplified integration with several downstream products.
MomentumSI (January 2011 to October 2011, 10 months) - www.momemntumsi.com
Cloud Software Consulting - Senior Software Engineer, Consultant
Product: Dell's Active System Manager - private cloud platform in a box, with simplified network management and automated physical/virtual OS installation.
- Co-Designed and implemented automated unix OS installations, and server grouping functionality in java rest/soap services middleware.
- Participated in design and roadmap discussions with principal architects, developers, and ux.
- Mentored developers on implementation and design patterns. Improved productivity through automation scripts, simplified development processes, and technical documentation.
PayPal (March 2007 to December 2011, 3.5 years) - www.paypal.com
Online Payments - Senior Software Engineer
Product: Paypal Apps (July 2010 to Dec 2011, 6 months) - embedded in-page application platform hosted by PayPal.
- Implemented key image hosting and account management functionality in java and c++.
- Led planning with application security, network operations, and sys admin groups.
- Developed automation scripts, enhanced documentation, and led test environment setup.
Product: Localization Integration Framework (November 2009 to June 2010, 7 months) - decoupled various content frameworks from l10n team's workflow.
- Led discussions, co-designed with a localization engineer, and led implementation.
Product: Web Page Rendering Service (April 2007 to June 2010, 3 years) - rendered 98% of PayPal's web pages, replaced legacy proprietary c++ cgi-based product with dynamic on-demand java service.
- Ported, enhanced, and added most subsystems and tooling features in the product.
- Led multi-year collaboration efforts with localization, i18n, and web development groups. Led implementation of mission critical functionality implemented by small team of remote colleagues.
- Designed and implemented several tooling frameworks: dynamic in-browser content highlighting tool; QA tooling frameworks for side-by-side comparison with legacy product; flexible multithreaded framework for rendering pipeline, and build metric analysis; and request playback framework which reduced bug repro debugging time from hours to minutes.
Visa (January 2005 to March 2007, 2 years) - www.visa.com
Credit Card Payments - Software Engineer
Product: Internal Customer Relationship Manager (January 2007 to March 2007, 3 months) - replaced customized Siebal call center CRM application with java web application.
- Helped with jBPM framework integration for dynamic customer service workflow support. Implemented web service and database layer subsystems.
Product: Prepaid Web Applications (January 2005 to December 2007, 2 years) - customizable customer card management and inventory web applications used by banks.
- Developed front-end web application flows for several versions of the product. Learned SDLC fundamentals, including requirements gathering, design patterns such as MVC, session management, n-tiered architecture, and QA processes.
EDUCATION, INTERESTS, HOBBIES, ETC
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science December 2004. The University Of Texas. (Austin, Texas)
- Professional references available upon request.
- Alt-rock/post-rock music fan. Collects and repairs arcade games, favorite arcades: NBA JAM, Joust, and Robotron.